Wednesday 13 October 2010

October Wedding Biography : Bill & Hillary were married on October 11, 1975 (Part 2)



Quotes About Bill and Hillary's Marriage:

Tim Dowling: "If the rumours are to be believed, Bill and Hillary Clinton are in love. No, I mean with each other. Recently, the US secretary of state and the former president have been seen holding hands at the Cafe Carlyle in New York, only to be spotted a few days later walking together, again hand in hand, down a street in Washington."



Source: Tim Dowling. "When Bill Met Hillary -- a love story for our times?" Guardian.co.uk. 4/28/09.

Hillary: "I am very lucky because my husband is my best friend and he and I have been together for a very long time. Longer than most of you have been alive. And we have an an endless conversation. We never get bored. We get deeply involved in all of the work that we do and talk about it constantly and I just feel very fortunate that I have a relationship that has been so meaningful to me over my adult life.”



Source: Michelle Levi. "Hillary Clinton on Matters of the Heart." CBSNews.com. 2/20/2009.



Hillary on dealing with their tough times together: "I am very grateful that I had a grounding in faith that gave me the courage and the strength to do what I thought was right, regardless of what the world thought."



Source: Cnn.com, June 7, 2007.



Hillary about Bill's infidelity: "I really had to dig down deep and think hard about what was right for me, what was right for my family. I never doubted Bill’s love for me ever, and I never doubted my faith and my commitment to our daughter and our extended family. The momentary feelings — you know, you are mad, you are really upset, you are disappointed — all of that goes through your mind ... I have found you really shouldn’t make decisions in the heat of those moments.”





Source: "Hillary Clinton Talks to Tyra About Bill's Infidelity", People.com, 1/15/2008



Leon Panetta about the Clintons' marriage: "They've been through a lot of challenges as a couple, though in the end if you're with them together, you know there's something there that basically bonds them."



Source: Patrick Healy, NYTimes.com, "Clintons Balance Married and Public Lives", May 23, 2006.



Jay Carson and Philippe Reines about the time they have together: "She is an active senator who, like most members of Congress, has to be in Washington for part of most weeks. He is a former president running a multimillion-dollar global foundation. But their home is in New York, and they do everything they can to be together there or at their house in D.C. as often as possible —- often going to great lengths to do so. When their work schedules require that they be apart they talk all the time."





Source: Patrick Healy, NYTimes.com, "Clintons Balance Married and Public Lives", May 23, 2006.



Bill, near the end of his second term: "The White House has been good for us."





Source: Kati Marton, Hidden Power: Presidential Marriages That Shaped Our History, page 7.



No comments:

Post a Comment